Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Accident Which Changed Everything

My days in SBOA were splendid……..great friends, freakin teachers. What else can one have. Friends like rahul,sundar,sham,bala…..the list goes on. Just was having a bash. Constantly arguing, cracking jokes, laughing like there was no tomorrow, those were some days. I am really thankful to my whole class for those good days.

Plus one went on smoothly. Ya ya academics was a big trouble (I even thought I would fail), but apart from that the year was smashing. And finally the last year of high school was staring at my face. The pressure was high (to score hyper, ET marks), but you know me, I just don’t give a shit about pressure or studies. Final year was no different to other years. I was performing miserably. Unfaced by my dismal performance, I was constantly going out, partying, having a bash. Nearing the half term of our 12th, me and my friends decided to have a last outing before chewing upon the 12th syllabi. We decided to go for a movie (ALAVANDAN….a tamil film). We planned for the day without the knowledge of the terrible things to come.

We meet in front of Priya’s bakery (annanagar….near my school). I boarded the TVS 50 which already had sundar and praveen in it. Praveen drove the vehicle to the traffic junction, where we saw a traffic police. Praveen panicked and the hole world went black……….something was chewing the flesh on my right leg. After some time……..my eyes picked bright light and someone was screeeeeeeeming like hell. Later I realized, that the bright light was coming from the sun……I was lying in the middle of a busy road and it was me, who was screaming. And after realizing that I felt really stupid, I stopped screaming. I started to get up, then I saw my arm (it was bent at three spots….it seemed like it had two more elbows). My body movemenst made me feel my right arm……….. it was the weirdest feeling accompanied with pain beyond description. Then I heard Praveen and the policemen conversing. Someone tried to lift my leg and similarly, as was the case with my arm my legs began to bend……… this gave me such a pain that was out of the world and made me scream. I was hauled to an auto and was taken to an hospital. Some time later my parents came to see me. I can never forget the face of my mom at that instant. There room was filled with doctors and nurses. Me and my mom were talking to each other through our eyes. I said I am sorry ma……….and she said its ok ……iam here now, everything’s gonna be ok. There were no words, just eyes.

Then I was playing in the park of my primary school………. I was fighting with asmaan, manu. I was getting scoldings from my mom. I was fighting with my brother. I felt like I was dreaming, the only difference was that I was dreaming about my past. My entire past was flashing infront of me…….

No comments: