Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Childhood In Dilli (Delhi)

Iam fortunate to have spent my childhood (and all of it, I tell u that) in Delhi. Delhi with its extreme climatic conditions made me stronger physically (I am wriitin this coz it gives me the flow)at a very young age. During the summer the mercury would rise to 43 degree and in winter it would plummet to around 5 degree. Another thing that I liked about Delhi was its foggy weather. As a child, I felt really holistic taking a walk during such days.

My father was in Air Force, and we lived in the IAF camp. The camp was a secluded from the hussle and bussle of the city. It was near a forest (shall we say), were I was excited (I was only 5) to confront wild animals (boars, neelgai or bluebul as we called them, peackock, langoor ). The house (quarter) given to us was pretty big. It was huge for a family of three. It had a garden infront of it, were we grew all sorts of ornamental plants and vegetables.

I guess you can never forget your childhood friends. In my case there was no difference. My friends were Asmaan, Manu and Manpreet. I still remember the day when we left Delhi. All of my friends were a bit sad, but me, I was happy (a__hole). Happy that I was gonna live in a new place, to meet new friends and happy to carry on life.

PS : I left Delhi when i was 6.

No comments: