Monday, March 26, 2007

Got into infy!!

The day was 21st & 22nd of march.........infosys came to st.peters. A day before, i was really bugged up and irritated......cuz of studyin r.s.aggarwaal (verbal & non verbal only)......those who have studied it noe well y. is soooo simple to solve te probs in it & tey have 100s of simple simple probs. so i dint prepare tht much for infy.

So in te mornin i went to st.peters.......was still in a irritated mood...was not at all intrested in getin in to infy.......And then ppt started, which got my spirits up a bit. the HR who took te ppt was pretty good. immediately after tht we were asked to go to our respective examination hall. there were roughly 1300 of us from 5 different colleges. I was a bit intimidated( Or shld i say scared)
looking at the crowd. AMS, Sastha, Sai Ram, JAYA (my coll) & St.Peters were the colleges participating in this campus drive.

We were asked to fill up some form.....we were asked to bring a passport size photo....which i completely forgot. thank god i had a stamp size photo of mine in ma purse. We filled the application form and started ritin the test. we were asked to rite verbal first.

I took some time to graze thrgh te paper 40 questions - 35 minutes....8 sets of 5 questions each..there were 2 comprehensions (5 ques for each comprehension)....sentence corrections...fill in te blanks (a phrse to be replaced by an appt phrase)....on te whole te test was pretty simple...i dint get to finsh te 2 comprehensions though...i randomly selected answrs for tem.

Next we were given Non-Verbal/Logical paper. 30 ques for which we were given 40 minutes. There were 6 sets of 5 questions each. The first two sets were really a cakewalk for me, questions related to venn diagram and logical. The data interpretation was a bit tough...we were given two bar graph one for sales and another for cost of 5 different products from the same company. Questions were like...which is the most profitable product.....what was the profit for product A, etc. Other set of question was form blood relation ( which was pretty ambigous....compared to those given in RS Aggarwal(easy)). Then syllogisms, which was damn easy. Experience from the english paper improved my time mgmt in this paper and was able to finish the paper before hand.

Having written my test, I got a fear tht i might cross the upper cut off. That did'nt happen and my name was shortlisted for the next round. We finished our tests by 1.30 and the results were anounced (which was scheduled to be anounced at 3.30) around 6.30. As you can see we were made to wait for more than 5 hours. I was obviously elated as i was not expecting it. 4 of my class mates also got through to second round. We were asked to assemble on 1.30 pm the next day for HR interview.

We reported there by 11.30 on the next afternoon and were eagerly waiting our turn. Then we realised that the HR have not yet arrived and were made to (guess what) WAIT!! We waited another 4 hours, finally the interviews started at 3.45. As we were waiting we got more and more tensed. My turn came by 4.30, as soon as my name was called I dont know what happened to me, I became damn exubarant. The HR was a lady dressed in a top and jean. She asked all the questions from my resume. I had mentioned a few points on my strengths, from which i was repeatedly questioned from. But surprisingly I came out with flying colors. The HR was so impressed tht after the interview she said tht she had a gr8 time talking with me. At tht instant, I knew tht I was selected . The formal list of selected candidates were anounced at around 7 pm.

Some of my frnds were not so fortunate. Some of them in their resumes mentioned their s/w profeceincy. From which they were questioned and were rejected for their wrong answers. So my friends, you gotta be through with your resume to clear the HR.

On the hole getting into INFY aint tht hard at all. You just need some prep, good communication skills and the right attitude to get through. From my college roughly 350 wrote the test, from which 56 were selected for the second round out of which 15 were filtered in the HR round. So 41 of my college guys n gals got placed in INFY. It really feels gr8 to be an infoscion and i hope that you too experience the same feeling at some point of your life. So long see you at INFY.

No comments: